Thursday, February 2, 2012

Reading Log #4

As I'm continuing my reading with Crazy Love, I read something that connects to the lesson I just finished learning in Bible study, giving God your first fruits. The timing was perfect, God works in funny ways, huh?

"God didn't just give a little for us; He gave His best. He gave Himself" (203).

True love includes sacrifice. In Bible study, I learned that God desires our first fruits. When we recieve our pay check, yes, even as a poor teenager, He wants us immediantly to give back to Him. I mean after all He's given us, it should be easy right? This is something a lot of people struggle with, including myself. He doesn't want what's left our pay check after we buy everything that we want, He wants it first. I've applied this concept to my own life, but without money. I generally tend read my Bible at night, before bed, until I realized that God doesn't want me when all I'm thinking about is sleep. He wants my attention, when my attention is on Him alone. This quote I read fits right in with this whole concept. I thought it was really cool to connect it and relate it to something I learned outside of Crazy Love's pages. Nothing has been more true, God really didn't just give a little for us, He gave everything. He didn't put in some effort, He did his best. He didn't give some of His time, He gave all of His time. He didn't give some of Himself, He gave all of Himself. He wants the same in return from us. Although nothing we do can ever compare to His ever-lasting love, He wants our best. He wants us completely. This book has done wonders to how I view everything around me. If you are looking to grow in your Christian faith, read Crazy Love.

1 comment: