Monday, February 6, 2012

Short List #2

1. Free Rice
This awesome website (linked above) is a non-profit website that is run by the United Nations World Food Programme. By playing the educational games, you donate 10 grains of rice to the hungry people in different countries. It adds up quickly, trust me! You can create a username and password and track your overall progress and see how much rice you've donated in all and each day. It not only benefits those gain food from it, but those who use it as well. It is a great website to start spending a little bit of time one each day.

2. The Onion
The Onion is a not-so-famous website that covers the news. However, it adds a sense of humor and covers topics that most famous news websites don't cover. The Onion turns the spotlight on humorous and sometimes irrelevent topics. Although it isn't as serious as regular news, it is without a doubt more entertaining. Check it out!

3. Awkward Family Photos
This website isn't anything but hilarious. After going to the website and clicking on one of the many options in the photos category, you get some real winners. The name of the website speaks for itself. You may have thought your family portraits were weird, but trust me these are weirder. While looking through some of the pictures, it makes me realize how unique each individual person is. It is definitely something to check out.

5 comments:

  1. you are so stellar. I love all of these sites. so happy to see others do too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the free rice site! My mom makes my siblings and I use it every summer even though the words are easy and we are all in high school. You should definitely do this because it really is a great site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the onion. Definitely do an analysis of the most recent article; I think that would be neat to take their propaganda and slur and turn it into an analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom makes me go on free rice every day, its part of my daily chore. its good though i like doing it

    ReplyDelete
  5. A. You should definitely do the awkward family photos one.
    B. I think youll be able to analyze possibly whats going on in the peoples heads while the picture is being taken

    ReplyDelete